New Delhi: The monsoon has a lot to offer, but the season might turn out to be a little tricky for your jewellery. Keep it dry and use the right products to clean it, suggest experts.
Fine jewellery designer Pallavi Foley, Yogesh Salla, jewellery designer, Bjewelz - a premium jewellery retail brand by Birla Jewels Limited, and Pradnya Mahaske, Design team, CaratLane - an omni-channel jeweller have a few tips:
* If your jewellery gets wet, make sure to dry it thoroughly before you put it back in the case. Avoiding tissue paper to wipe your jewellery can help it last longer.
* Gold and platinum are generally counted as neutral metals. But gold jewellery tends to catch dust and dirt quickly when kept in humid environment. It's advisable to clean your ornaments with soap water and store it in a dry place to retain its beauty.
* Store your jewellery in a clean and dry place, such as a jewellery box or case that is fabric lined. I''s always better to store multiple jewellery in different boxes, otherwise, they may get entangled or scratched due to friction.
* Silver has a tendency to turn black hence during monsoon, hence it needs more care. To clean your silver jewellery, either wash it using toothpaste and a soft cotton cloth or alternatively take it to a jeweller. Using Silicon gel bags may be a good idea for silver too.
* Monsoons also bring with them high humidity. The temptation to spray does and perfumes are high. But bear in mind that they may harm your precious gems. If you are partial to fine jewellery embellished with diamonds and other precious stones, be very careful when you spray fragrance or hairspray.
* If you plan to be out all day then perhaps smaller pieces on a rainy day would make more sense, since often it may happen that the neck pieces may be moist all day due to the hair being wet.
Buying gold? Don't fail to ask these questions!
When does India buy its gold?
What drives gold demand in India?
Find out which brides wear the most gold in India?
How to maintain jewellery during the monsoon
Gold jewellery Malayali brides favour
The gold jewellery that Tamil brides favour
|Gold rate in india |
Get latest gold rates on the go with the Gold Rate Now App on your Android smartphone. Click here to download.